Monday, December 21, 2009

About Melinda


I have lived in Arizona and Tennessee. I have discovered wealth is not measured in how much money you have but in how much love you share.

I have been happily married to my wonderful husband, Tom for 22 years. I have two remarkble children, Shaelee and Erik.

As a young child, I loved reading and writing. Many nights I would wrap up in a blanket, daydream, while I turned the exciting pages of a book. The books would take me to many places. I loved the idea of going from the normal world in which I lived, then instantly I would be taken to a place far away.

To my surprise, I started writing and creating my very own world. A place where I could go and lose myself with just a pen and paper.

I grew up with the fascination of the American Indian. My love for them grew by leaps and bounds as I read about them from my history book. I wanted to show, in my writings, of the proud people that the American Indians truly are. They show honor and respect for all living things. If I can capture just a small portion of that in my writings then that would be an added bonus for me.

Native American Romance and Native American mysteries is my passion. I hope to reveal in my books the uniqueness of the American Indian. I feel truly blessed to try and reveal how special the American Indians truly are.

The love of my family and the love for the American Indian have become focal points in my stories. I will do my best for both of them.

I sincerely pray readers enjoy the characters that I bring to life on each turning page!!!!

Published Work/Accolades:

Cardiovascular Diease Essay- Saint Thomas Chest Pain Network and Cumberland Medical Center.

April 2008- Winner of Essay. Received Cash award and article published

Published in the Crossville Chronicle, in April 2008

Freelance writer for the Navajo/Hopi Observer, located in Flagstaff, Arizona.



Published Credits- Navajo/Hopi Observer

Diabetes Dwells Among Native American

Navajo Nation Library offers access to knowledge and more

Natives Welcome a helping hand from National Relief Charities

Leave Our Sacred Lands Alone!,


Award of Honor

Cambridge Who’s Who registry for 2008-2009 inclusion for executives, professionals, and entrepreneurs.


Guest Speaker/TV Interview/Guest Blogger

Guest Blogger:

http://www.helensheroes.blogspot.com

http://emmalaiwrites.blogspot.com/

http://www.petticoatsandpistols.com/ – Apache Maiden

TV Interview:

April 29, 2009 “Crossville Profiles: Interview “Native Dreams”

Guest Speaker: Speaking Engagement: Martin Jr. High School

Ms. Laurie Kerr class “Native Dreams”, Writing


Radio Station Web Posting: "Native Dreams" link on Fun Stuff

http://www.1025wowcountry.com/

Olympus Films: Exective Producer:

Apply for grants and raise money for Olympus Films, LLC

http://sandcreekmassacre.net/

http://donvasicek.com/

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

14 comments:

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

I love reading stories about the American Indians. I find their traditions and beliefs fascinating.

I wish you great success with your stories!

Barbara Edwards said...

Nice site--very mellow. Good luck with all your ventures.

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Melinda,
Nice site, subdued but attractive. I am starting to get bored with the garrish and too bright sites, of which there are plenty.

All the best for the festive season.

Regards
Margaret

Cheryl Pierson said...

Hi Melinda!

I love it! Very tasteful and informative. Don't give up on me--I have not forgotten the questions!!! LOL My life has been crazy for the last year it seems like--hopefully it will slow down soon. Hope all is well with you, and I want to talk with you about the film company you are working with. I'll e-mail you soon! Merry Christmas!!!
Cheryl

Linda Poitevin said...

Very nice start, Melinda -- and congratulations on the book! Looking forward to hearing more about it. :)

Warmest holiday wishes
Linda

Susan Macatee said...

Beautiful blog, Melinda! I like stories about Native Americans too. I'm working on a science fiction romance featuring a secondary character who's a decendant of a space-facing American Indian colony that wants to live in freedom practicing the old ways and following their ancestors' beliefs.

Author Roast and Toast said...

Good luck Melinda! Many sales and much luck!

Melinda said...

Karen,

Thank you for your comments. I believe you will find alot of what you like to read in my books

I use alot of their beliefs and customs

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda said...

Barbara,

I am glad you stopped by. Please come back soon

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda said...

Margaret,

Glad you stopped by. Yeah I think the site is very attractive

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda said...

Cheryl,

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to speak to you about the film company. You are a very special and dear friend to me, One that I will always cherish

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda said...

Linda,

Thanks for stopping by. Please check in often

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda said...

Susan,

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my books. Come by again soon.

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda said...

Mary,

Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you back here soon.

Walk in harmony,
Melinda