Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Creator protect our Troops




I worked for the Gila County Sheriff's Office in Payson AZ as a 911 dispatcher. I worked with alot of good people. They are considered to be part of my family. Now as I say this one person comes to mind: Rodney Cronk. He is a deputy for Gila County in Payson and he is in currently serving in the National Guard as a Platoon Sergeant and is stationed in Kuwait/Iraq.


Photos: Rodney in Kuwait/Iraq training for 50 Mile Race

Rodney is a dear friend and I wanted him, along with the other troops, to know that I deeply appreciate everything they are doing to protect us. It is truly appreciated.

Here is a poem I wrote for all the troops:
Title: Protect Our Soldiers

Great Spirit
Our soldiers leave one by one

Hearts broken
Hurt done

They show courage
They show faith

The ultimate sacrifice
That they face

The war continues
It never ends

The tragedy of losing a friend
Mothers torn all apart
A fathers grief from the heart

Great Spirit above
Protect our soldiers
From the blasts

Return our soldiers
So, our hearts will last


I hope that everybody will take the time to say "thank you" to our troops and let them know we think about them all the time

Thanks Rodney, you are a dear friend, and this post is for you and all the troops!

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

4 comments:

Anne Patrick said...

Like your poem, Melinda! God bless our troops!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Melinda! God bless you and our troops. I alwasy support our military, our boys, our men, our guys. Celia

Melinda said...

Anne

Thank you for stopping by. It means alot

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda said...

Celia,

Thank you for stopping by. It means alot to our troops

Walk in harmony,
Melinda