Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fool For Romance Contest

I am honored to be a part of the Fool for Romance Contest this year. I am glad you stopped by today because I am posting an excerpt from my new release Native Spirit. It was released in February 2011 by Desert Breeze Publishing. Every author, avid reader, or anybody who loves Native Americans and their unique way of life would enjoy reading Native Spirit.

For the contest all you have to do is follow my blog and leave a comment..then you will be entered into the contest. Its simple and easy and maybe you will win the KINDLE...




Here is an excerpt from Native Spirit:

White Hawk called all the creatures of the forest. "My animal friends please show me the way in which Half Moon has been taken."

White Hawk was in a daze, as he climbed the mountain in its winding formation. He glanced over the mountain's edge, revealing the openness of the land below. The creek was almost as if it was not even there because the water barely moved -- frozen by the cold weather.

White Hawk realized he was alone. He wished he could be more dependent on himself. He must learn to cope on his own. He knew if he could get through this, then he would be strong enough in his later life to handle anything.

His horse startled, rearing up on its hind legs. Holding on tightly, glancing around the area, he finally saw what had spooked him.

A herd of wild horses grazed the land over the next hill range. White Hawk stopped, taking in the beauty of the sacred animals. They nudged on each other, showing affection.

The herd consisted of many different colors, but one caught White Hawk's eye. It was of the purest white, with sparkling blue eyes. It stared, eventually galloping toward him.

As it got closer, White Hawk sensed this to be a very sacred animal. The color of white was a sign of sacredness. He climbed off his horse, tying him to the nearest boulder, but keeping focused on the pure white one.

As he coaxed it closer, the blue eyes fixed on him. He waited patiently, squatting down by the rocks. It walked closer.

White Hawk decided that he would wait for as long as it took to capture this sacred animal's heart. He realized time was of the essences but something from the spirit world told him that he must get the white horse.

If you would like to buy a copy of Native Spirit click on the links below:

Desert Breeze Publishing                                                                  

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

38 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Melinda,

I'm following the FFR "Tour" and meeting many writers new to me. BTW, I LOVE your site. The pictures are beautiful! I've signed up to follow your blog, but I'd be back regardless. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Rebecca said! Your site is awesome. Thanks so much for helping with the contest. It has been fun visiting new author websites and reading blogs :)

Melinda Elmore said...

Rebecca,

Thank you for stopping by. I love the FFC. It is always a pleasure to meet new authors

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda Elmore said...

Jen,

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to get to know all the new authors.
Good luck

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Unknown said...

Great excerpt! I really like the FFR contest because I'm meeting so many different genres of writers!

SaturnMoonie said...

Hey Melinda,

FFR "contestant" here lol. Really digging your blog and the excerpt was interesting. :D

rbooth43 said...

Love your blog and I am following Walk In Harmony from now on!

Melinda Elmore said...

Maria,

Thank you for stopping by. I love FFR contest too because I get to meet a lot of people. Yes there are a lot of different genres out there

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda Elmore said...

Hello SaturnMoonie,

Glad you stopped by. I am glad that you like the excerpt

Have a great day

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Anonymous said...

Good Morning rbooth43,

I am so thrilled when I hear comments like you just made about following my blog from now on. It is greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda Elmore said...

Rbooth43,

I am the one that left the Anonymous but I guess you can tell that by my name of the bottom.

My fingers got too happy and clicked it before I signed my name to it

Melinda

Melanie said...

Love your site, Melinda. Great blog, too. Your book sounds great. I'm in really good company at DBP. ; )

Melinda Elmore said...

Hey Melanie,

Thanks for stopping by. Yes DBP authors are really a good bunch.

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Judy said...

I already follow your blog.You have an awesome blog!! It is very nice. Love the pictures and colors.


Judy
magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Great contest Melinda!

I'm a DBP author too. I LOVE the amazing group we have... so supportive and helpful. Congrats on Native Spirit! I look forward to reading it :)

Jenn Hartz
jenniferhartz@live.com

Melinda Elmore said...

Judy,

Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words.

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda Elmore said...

Jenn,

Thank you for stopping by. Yes, DB is a great place.I cannot wait for you to read Native Spirit I am awaiting the first review

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Naomi Musch said...

Hi Melinda,
I have to get in on this contest. I'd not heard of it before. Is it an annual thing? Sounds like a fun opportunity, and a neat way to discover authors. Blessings on your writing and continued success!
Naomi

Melinda Elmore said...

Hi Naomi,

Yes it is an annual event. Thank you for your kind words. Please come back and visit

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Cate Masters said...

What an amazing cover! Congrats on your release Melinda. Love how the excerpt reads like a fable.

Melinda Elmore said...

Cate,

Good Afternoon. Glad you could stop by. Thank you for your kind words.

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Mark said...

It's amazing how many authors are out there that you never knew about. Thanks for being part of the FFR contest and letting us know about you. Your cover is beautiful.

Mark
wv_mark at yahoo dot com

Janette Harjo said...

Very intriquing excerpt, Melinda! What secret does the White Horse reveal?!

Since you've shared this with OC, does that mean that you have decided to remain a member here?!

I've become one of your followers,but have been unable to upload a picture to ANY of the author's sites that I follow! I'll have to get my pet Geek to help me with it, I suppose. "/

Melinda Elmore said...

Mark,

Thank you for stopping by. The cover is amazing to me. Hope to keep in touch.

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda Elmore said...

Janet,

The White Horse is the spirit of it all. To find out what happens buy the book....Thanks for stopping by and yes I am going to stay a member of the group

Thanks for stopping by

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Tina Pinson said...

Signed up for your blog. Like the cover. The book sounds interesting.

Tina

Melinda Elmore said...

Tina,

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you can read the book soon

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

makenwords said...

On my TBR List! The cover is stunning and this year, I've had a Hawk take up residence in my backyard - Karmic?? LOL Lovely blog.

Toni Noel said...

Ooh, I love horse stories and Native American stories. I'll have to read this one.

Toni Noel

Lynn Chantale said...

Sounds like a great read! Congratulattions!

Melinda Elmore said...

Linda,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have a strong connection to the hawk.
Hope you come back and visit

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda Elmore said...

Toni,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes horses and Native Americans galore in this story.

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda Elmore said...

Wlynnchantale,

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy Native Spirit

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda Elmore said...

Thanks to everybody that stopped by. I am going to leave this open until tomorrow morning. So if you visit tonight just leave a comment and follow my blog and you will be entered into the contest.

I will pull one lucky person out of all the ones who stopped by tomorrow Make sure you stop back by and see who it is

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Sharon Sullivan-Craver said...

Excellent excerpt. I have always been very intrigued by Native American readings and teachings. This small excerpt makes me want to read more. i will definitely buy this. Not just saying this for the purpose to win. it really caught my interest as i had commented some time before. Thank you for sharing.

Melinda Elmore said...

Sharon,

Thank you for stopping by. The teachings of the American Indian is beyond anything I have ever know. So much wisdom and spirit. I am glad you like the excerpt.
Will pick out a name very soon Check back!!!!

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

flowerpups said...

Hello! Great Excerpt - also love the site, really liked your Native American Wisdom Phrases - so true. I put your book on my TBR list.

Melinda Elmore said...

Flowerpups,

Thank you for stopping by. I am thankful you liked my book.
Please come back and check out my blog again

Walk in harmony,

Melinda