Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To my Friend, Justin Hooke

On Easter Sunday, my friend Justin Hooke was killed in an automobile accident. He was a great guy and a dear friend. I really enjoyed helping him with the Toy Drive at Christmas for the children on the San Carlos Apache Reservation. Here is a poem shared with me from a dear friend and I wanted to share it will Justin and his family and friends.

Justin, You will be missed so much and there will never be a day that goes by that I do not think of you. Walk with the Creator and protect us until we meet again.

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME            
 Go to fullsize image
When tomorrow starts without me
And I'm not here to see if the sun should rise
And find your eyes all filled with tears for me
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say
I know how much you love me as much as I love you
And each time that you think of me
I know you'll miss me too
But when tomorrow starts without me
Please try to understand
That a spirit came and called my name
And took me by the hand and said my place was ready
In heaven far above
And that I'd have to leave behind all those I dearly love
But as I turned to walk away a tear fell from my eye
For all my life I always thought I didn't want to die
I had so much to live for and so much yet to do
It seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you
I thought of all the yesterdays to good ones and the bad
I thought of all the love we shared and all the fun we had
If I could re-live yesterday I thought for just awhile
I'd say good-bye and kiss you and maybe see you smile
But then I fully realized that this could never be
For emptiness and memories would take the place of me
So when tomorrow starts without me
Don't think we're far apart
For every time you think of me
I'm right here in your heart.
 
Walk in harmony my friend,
Melinda

6 comments:

Hywela Lyn said...

What a beautiful poem and Tribute, Melinda, thank you for sharing.

So sorry you had to say goodbye to such a dear friend, but rejoice in the hope that you will one day meet again.

Melinda said...

Hywela,

Thank you for stopping by. Yes, I know I will see Justin again. He was such a great person.

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melanie said...

What a beautiful tribute, Melinda. I'm so sorry for your loss... and the loss of such a special person.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

I simply loved the poem. Losing a friend is tough. My heart goes out to you and his family. I can't begin to imagine the agony all of you feel. Blessings to you all.

Melinda said...

Melanie,

Thank you for stopping by. Justin was a very special person who will live on in our hearts

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

Melinda said...

Vonnie,

Thank you for stopping by. It really means a lot to me. The agony will last but I know the Creator wanted him to so I understand because he was such a great person. Loved everybody would do anything for anybody.

Always smiling, he was one of a kind
He will remain with me on my journey until I see him again

Walk in harmony,
Melinda