Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What a reader/reviewer said about Native Spirit

I was so happey when I recieved this from Rebecca. She read Native Spirit  and this is what she had to say, which really excited me to death

Rebecca's words:

I have two books that are amazing!

I really lost myself in Melinda Elmore's e-book, NATIVE SPIRIT. Her book showed how proud the American Indians truly are. They show honor and respect for all living things. Melinda incorporated outstanding knowledge about the American Indian.

I first noticed the amazing cover showing a dream-catcher and a soaring eagle, which peaked my desire to read this e-book.

From the first page, I was in awe of the heroine, Half Moon. This young maiden was captured by a ruthless white man, Seth and his band of outlaws, while her beloved one, White Hawk, was on a buffalo hunt with his warriors. Through this ordeal, Half Moon showed the wisdom and courage born inside her. She makes a deal with Seth to let some of the other captured villagers go, and she would go to his ranch with him and become his wife.

When White Hawk returned to the village and learned about the kidnapping of Half Moon, he vowed to rescue Half Moon and seek revenge against the white man who took her.
The story unfolds with very descriptive scenes that I could visualize as if I were there with both Half Moon and White Hawk as they dreamed of being together again. Will this happen? There are many twists and turns that kept me spell-bound. Would White Hawk rescue Half Moon and let no harm come to her?

Here's an excerpt that White Hawk prayed:

 "Creator, I know this journey will have many paths that I must choose from. I pray that you will allow me to make the right decisions. I know I ask a lot from you, but my heart is good and honest. I would never harm anyone, but the path I must walk has been determined, which leaves me no choice." Can he stay focused and do what his heart tells him and stay on the right path?

Reading Native Spirit is the only way a reader can find out the answers.I will be reading more of her writings!
So I wanted to thank Rebecca for fans like her make writing a true blessing. I do a lot of research on the American Indian. I am currentely working on a mytery novel series that will be on the Apache People.  The first book will be titled Death in Coyote Canyon

Thanks for your thoughtful words Rebecca

Walk in harmony,
Melinda

2 comments:

Lilly Gayle said...

congrats on the great review. Sounds like woderful story.

Melinda said...

Lilly,

Thank you for stopping by I hope all my reviews will be this wonderful

Walk in harmony,
Melinda