Monday, March 3, 2014

My friend and great writer Aimee Thurlo passed away....

Image of Aimee Thurlo
My friend and great writer Aimee Thurlo passed away....I have some of her books and I love them....I will treasure them forever....Here is the letter her husband posted on Facebook...

I'm sorry to have to send this news in such an impersonal way to all our friends, but I'm having a hard time even writing about it. 

Aimée died peacefully in her sleep last Friday morning, at home, with me at her side. 

We'd been working together on book revisions, side by side with our laptops on the daybed, when, on Valentine's Day, we got a call from one of her doctors. The problems she's been experiencing were due to the rapid progression of undiagnosed cancer, and she had about two weeks left.

We talked for hours, and finally Aimée asked me to support her decision to die at home.

I've loved her for forty three years and the decision was both difficult and easy. We spent our remaining two weeks together, and for that opportunity I'm grateful. She suffered very little at the end. Now Aimée's at peace now among the angels, with her beloved companion, Gabriel to keep her company.

She's also in my heart, forever.

David



It has saddened me today to learn of this and my prayers are with David and his family. I truly adored Aimee and she and I talked a lot on Facebook. I have several of her books that she mailed me with her autograph...forever treasured and cherished. I will miss you Aimee....

Walk in harmony,
Melinda Elmore

No comments: